Student Organization Institute Faculty Member
This is a serving volunteer position, ideal for those interested in providing opportunities for peer networking and resource sharing, collaborating on special projects that meet a unique need, or communicating the value of the Association.
Members are sought to plan the 2023 Student Organization Institute (SOI) that will occur June 26–29, 2023. Based on an agreed upon plan and process with the staff consultants, the committee contributes to the development of all educational components of the event.
At the time of the volunteer commitment, it is expected that members of this committee attend the Student Organization Institute with institutional or other financial support unless extenuating circumstances prohibit one from doing so during the planning period.
ACUI will appoint two committee members for a four-month term that will be responsible for:
- Participating in a committee orientation conducted by association staff.
- Serve as SOI Faculty and develop topic areas list for the institute call for sessions.
- Making a recommendation to the association staff for the keynote speaker within budget parameters.
- Attending the event and providing onsite welcome and registration table management.
- Engaging in a debrief meeting to review evaluation, providing feedback to be included in an event report.
- Join regular conference calls over the next few months.
- Help refine topics and delivery formats using an existing content plan.
- Present/facilitate/moderate one to two sessions.
- Have a presence during the event to help create a common thread throughout the three days (June 26–29).
Applications are open through April 14!
Applications for this opportunity will be collected again in April 2020. A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.
The institute will focus on ACUI Core Competencies:
- Gain strategies and skill sets that support advancement in student organization management.
- Learn relevant trends impacting student organizations in higher education—including organization policies, inclusive practices, and best and emerging practices.
- Develop competence in assessment, organizational leadership and management, risk management, and adapting in the changing landscape of higher education.
- Create a network of peers who can support you through your journey.
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term.
Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as knowledge and skills related to the responsibilities of the position.
Serving volunteer positions typically require a commitment of 4–12 months, though this varies by the specific project work of the role. Over the course of the term, volunteers should anticipate approximately 2–4 hours of conference call and
project work per month.